Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Apprentice Technician (Heavy Vehicle) NL COMMERCIALS MANAGEMENT LTD
A fantastic opportunity to work in a specialist motor vehicle company who are looking to employ someone long term. The nature of the work ranges from replacing simple parts through to solving complex faults with the use of diagnostic methods and equipment.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022
Based on 40 hours per week at £4.81 per hour.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
07 Oct 2022
22 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties to include:
- Conducting routine heavy vehicle maintenance
- Removing and replacing heavy vehicle chassis units and components
- Inspecting Heavy Vehicles
- Supporting job roles in the Automotive environment
- Learning about the materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices used in Automotive environment
- Removing and replacing heavy vehicle units and components
- Learning about heavy vehicle engine mechanical, lubrication and cooling system units and components
- Learning about heavy vehicle fuel, air supply and exhaust system units and components
- Removing and replacing heavy vehicle electrical units and components
- Learning about removing and replacing heavy vehicle transmission and driveline units and components
- Diagnosing and rectifying vehicle auxiliary electrical faults
- Inspecting heavy vehicles to comply with legal requirements
- Diagnosing and rectifying heavy vehicle engine faults
- Diagnosing and rectifying heavy vehicle chassis system faults
- Learning about diagnosing and rectification of heavy vehicle transmission and driveline faults
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The successful candidates will be enrolled on the Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Level 3 apprenticeship standard. As a motor vehicle apprentice, you will be studying one day a week at our college’s specialist Engineering Centre which boasts state-of-the-art equipment and workshops. You will find all the relevant workshops and demonstration areas required for you to complete your studies with Kirklees College.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of securing permanent employment on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
NL COMMERCIALS MANAGEMENT LTD
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.