Apprentice Golf Course Greenkeeper K B A & E M DEVELOPMENTS LTD
A great opportunity for someone to learn all aspects of golf course maintenance and development, working within a team of 7 with the hope of making this a full-time career.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Nov 2022
23 Aug 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be working within a team of 7 Greenkeepers initially working on basic Greenkeeping duties and then being introduced to all golf course equipment and machinery. By working within a team over time you will gain experience and be involved in all areas of golf course maintenance and management. You must be prepared for early mornings and working in all weather conditions. The work is physically
challenging, and a good level of fitness will be advantageous.
You will work with and be trained by successful Greenkeepers with many years of experience in varied roles within the Greenkeeping industry.
You job role will include:
- Golf course preparation
- A range of mowing
- Presenting and maintaining playing surfaces for golf
- Using and maintaining handheld / pedestrian / ride - on machinery
- Preparing and operating a tractor and attachments
- Renovating and repairing sports turf surfaces
- Preparing ground for grass / plants
- Establishing grass / plants
- Monitoring and maintaining health, safety and security
- Establishing working relationships
- Developing your personal performance
- Free uniform
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- During your time at Trent Lock Golf Club, you will be gaining technical knowledge and collating evidence of learning, be observed and receive training as to how the golf course operates
- This is averaged over a 15–24 month period and includes
time spent at the beginning of the programme completing
your enrolment initial assessments
- A qualified greenkeeping assessor will visit you in the workplace every four to eight weeks
- You will study for a Level 2 Certificate in Golf Greenkeeping on a weekly day release or online programme
- You will carry out an End Point Assessment to complete your
training and gain your qualification
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English & maths qualifications if you do not hold a 4/C or above at GCSE level
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
By the end of the programme, the apprentice will know when,
how and why the range of maintenance operations are
The career as a Golf Greenkeeper can take you wherever the game of golf is played. Working outdoors in a healthy environment and as new countries are embracing the sport and more golf courses are being built, there is no better time to consider joining this great profession.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 / C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
BERKSHIRE COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE, THE (BCA)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.