Fenestration installer apprentice to train and work as part of the installation team, Installation of replacement windows and doors at customer homes in Dorset. Assist in receiving deliveries of windows and glazed units. Dealing with customer queries in a professional and courteous manner.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2022
Weekly salary is between £240 - £367.20 Depending on age and experience.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
23 Aug 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Selecting correct glass and products for each:
– Removal of existing glass, door and window units and site preparation including cutting and hack outs
– Installations, inspections, diagnosing problems, testing, repair, maintenance, removal, replacement, of double glazing
– Identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair; to ensure compliance with agreed codes, law, working practices and health and safety
– Carry out planned tasks in accordance with survey/contract/agreed requirements
– Carry out tasks within agreed time limits
– Ensure compliance to agreed codes, legislation, and procedures including health and safety
– Maintain accurate records/documentation associated with your work
You will be working out onsite, mainly at customers houses. You will learn all aspects of fitting replacement PVC Windows, Doors, Conservatories & Fascia & Soffits. This is manual work although especially dirty. You will arrive at the office to unload your van & load for the next day. This will involve loading, frames, Glass & other materials for the job.
You will be expected to bring a form of lunch & drinks that you like. Customers do very often make us drinks, but this can’t be guaranteed. We do provide uniform for you to wear.
During your day, you will be working with at least one experienced fitter who will train you. You will need to listen & follow instructions given. Your role will involve, carrying stuff to & from the van & around the site you are on. There could be ladder & scaffolding work on some jobs.
You are working in a customer’s home & we will expect you to be always polite & courteous. No bad language or behaviour will be tolerated. No smoking on any site or in any vans is permitted by the company.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Fenestration Installer certificate (Level 2), and understanding Window and door installation.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once you have completed your training, we expect you can gain a few more years’ experience & then progress to running your own team.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
IXION HOLDINGS (CONTRACTS) LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.