Dental Nursing Apprentice Level 3 BEDFORD & ASSOCIATES LIMITED
Wyke Dental are looking to recruit a highly motivated Apprentice Dental Nurse to join their team! If you are an enthusiastic individual who would like to develop a career in Dental then this will be the ideal position for you!
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022
£9,504.56 to £18,772.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 38
Possible start date
03 Oct 2022
22 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Successful candidates will provide clinical support to dentists, hygienists and patients. You will also assist the reception staff in any clerical duties and perform any other tasks as reasonably requested by the principal.
Other duties include:
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practices health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions
- Provide chairside assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients in a friendly, caring, helpful, courteous and professional manner
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed and being responsible for recording patient information on the practice database
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This course is delivered using a blended delivery model, an apprentice will spend 2 days per month at Bradford College undertaking classroom based learning in addition to regular workplace assessments.
Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship, the apprentice will be awarded the following:
• Level 3 Extended Diploma in Dental Nursing
• Functional Skills in Maths and English Level 2 (if applicable)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A great opportunity to secure long term employment with an employer who has a wonderful vision and admirable values in conjunction with continuing with your professional development. There are also a range of post registration courses available for dental nurses looking to further their education
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9 - 4 (A* - C)) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)