An exciting opportunity to join the practice as an Apprentice Dental Nurse. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 Dental Nursing Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 11 Sep 2023
Incremental wage increases based on progression.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
19 Sep 2023
18 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We need an individual who is motivated, can demonstrate initiative and attention to detail and who is prepared to listen and learn. In return we can offer you comprehensive training, a pleasant working environment and the opportunity to be part of a team that values excellent patient service.
Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of the Practice Manager daily duties will include:
- Work closely with the dentist in a professional and appropriate manner
- Provide chair side assistance during all dental procedures
- Update computer records and taking notes
- Cleaning surgeries to a high level, maintaining strict cross infection controls
- Preparing instruments and materials during treatments
- Assisting with Patient Chaperone
- Carry out reception and administrative tasks where required
This is a great opportunity to join a highly experienced and well-respected team within the industry.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Eighteen-month work-based Apprenticeship will include the following training:
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- City and Guilds Level 2 Functional Skills maths (if required)
- City and Guilds Level 2 Functional Skills English (if required)
- Health and Safety
- Cross Infection
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Prevention of Disease
- First aid essentials roles and responsibilities of a dental nurse
This Apprenticeship standard will also include an end point assessment which entails the following:
- Practical observation
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
With experience you may be able to move into jobs like team manager, team leader or dental practice manager.
With further training you could become a dental therapist, helping a dentist carry out the more routine dentistry work. You could also become a dental hygienist, helping people to look after their teeth and gums.
You might decide to train as an orthodontic therapist helping dentists to improve the look and position of a patient's teeth.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A-C OR 9-4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
POULTEC TRAINING LIMITED
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.