Early Years Apprentice Banana Moon
Banana Moon are currently recruiting for an Early Years Apprentice to help create a safe, caring and welcoming setting in which parents are happy to entrust their child, and where their child is encouraged and supported to flourish in an enabling and stimulating environment.
Closing date: 28 Apr 2023
Monday to Friday, shifts are to be discussed at interview.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
29 Apr 2023
22 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be:
- Helping to set up, carry out and tidy away activities
- Taking care of basic needs such as feeding and nappy changing
- Keeping the nursery environment, equipment and resources clean and tidy at all times with due regard to health, safety and hygiene
- Contributing to your own personal safety and keeping children safe and secure at all times
- Contributing to risk assessments and daily checks, and informing the manager of any issues regarding the safety of equipment
- Advising the nominated safeguarding person of any concerns
- Ensuring that each child’s individual needs are recognised, respected, and met
- Observing and documenting children's developmental milestones
- Keeping up to date with good nursery practice
- Acting as a key person to children and their families, giving emotional support and advice
- Liaising closely with parents/carers informing them about the routines and educational provision
- Adhering to company policies/procedures and meeting legislative requirements whilst following education curriculum, delivering standards which ensure the highest possible inspection grading
- Promoting a successful business with a first class reputation, engaging with the local community and marketing the nursery whilst providing excellent customer care.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Over the course of 18 months, you will study units such as health & safety in a childcare setting, holistic child development, safeguarding in a childcare setting, child development, communication with children, purposeful play and educational programmes, supporting children with special educational needs, collaborative working in early years childcare and wellbeing principles for children (these modules may differ).
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, you will achieve a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification and a TQUK diploma, alongside Paedeatric First Aid.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of the programme, you will have gained invaluable work experience and qualifications that will enable you to progress within your career in the field.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
31 WINSTANLEY ROAD
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.