Yuzu Manchester and Catch22 are partnering to offer an exciting Commis chef apprenticeship course. Join an outstanding team of individuals where you'll develop your cooking skills, learning a range of techniques and skills required to go on and become the best chef you can be!
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
01 Oct 2022
23 Aug 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This placement is primarily kitchen focused, teaching you things such as food preparation, cooking and serving, as well as plenty of other tasks both in an out the kitchen.
Your regular responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Preparation of vegetables and meats from scratch.
- Developing a range of knife skills and techniques.
- Making Soup stocks, sauces and broths for use in dishes.
- Cooking a range of dishes with a variety of ingredients from meat to a range of vegetables.
- Stock checks and rotation, following FIFO procedures.
- Reporting to the manager about the following day's orders at the end of the night.
- Daily fridge temperature checks to ensure food hygiene and safety.
- Cleaning of the hubs/cookers and the kitchen, inclduing the fridges and mopping of the floors. Washing of the kitchen equipment such as chopping boards, knives, pans etc.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The learning journey of a chef will vary considerably from one individual to another; however it is necessary to understand and have experience in the basics that the Commis Chef role provides in order to progress to any future senior chef role.
Apprenticeship standard: Commis Chef Level 2
You will have a dedicated industry expert to guide and coach you through components of your programme and you’ll experience a range of different learning opportunities.
- Meetings with your dedicated trainer
- Interactive Online Workshops
- Self-guided research
- On-job instruction
- Peer to peer mentoring
- Personal development planning
- Manager progress review
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There will be opportunities for a full time/permanent chef position upon completion of the course.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
CATCH 22 CHARITY LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)