You will be trained to support the dentist/ clinician in day to day patient care and will be following all cross infection control procedures. You will also be required to show the patients the uttermost respect and care and will be working as part of a team.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2022
£9,379.50 to £18,525.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
19 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To assist dentist and hygienist whilst carrying out treatments such as; fillings, crowns, dentures and extractions
- Ensuring clinical area and instruments are clean
- Dealing with patients, ensuring they are put at their ease and always being aware that you are handling highly sensitive, personal information and data protection which requires strict confidentiality
- Handling patient enquiries and some reception duties as required
- Health and safety will be covered
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Dental Nurse Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
End-Point Assessment (EPA)
You will be studying towards a level 3 Diploma in Dental nursing.
The majority of training will be on the employer work premises but will involve some travel to Cheshire College South and West.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Registration on the General Dental Council DCP register.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 4/Grade C or above) Desired
About the employer
Vicars Cross Dental Practice
CHESHIRE COLLEGE SOUTH AND WEST
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.