Business Administration Apprentice SHEPTON VETERINARY GROUP LIMITED
We are offering an opportunity to train as an administrator, in a large, mixed animal veterinary practice based in Shepton Mallet.
Closing date: today
Potential incremental wage increase
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Oct 2022
19 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Reception duties- Taking client/vet calls, booking appointments, and taking medicine orders.
- Assist in large animal dispensary when required.
- Maintain the Farm Animal email inbox daily, including processing all lab reports from email.
- Assist with TB job bags preparation.
- Managing vet equipment- Organising regular services and repairs on scanners, clippers, disbudding equipment.
- Taking care of the infectious disease department- organising regular testing, reporting results to vets, and managing the data we hold here via Microsoft.
- Manage the vet tech service- organising technicians visits, processing client data ahead of visit, uploading the data to systems once visits are complete.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- A Level 3 Business Administration qualification will be achieved upon completion.
- Training will be one day a week at Strode College, Street, Somerset.
- Strode College will be managing the applications for this vacancy.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A permanent position may be available for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.