Apprentice Early Years Practitioner (Level 3) FERN HOLLOW DAY NURSERY LTD
We have an exciting opportunity for Level 3 Apprentice Nursery Practitioner to join us in our adventure. Practitioners are to become part of our nurturing environment with strong community links & a welcoming connection with our families. We would like for our practitioners to share the same passion as we do to deliver childcare.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022
National apprenticeship Wage (30 hours) £4.81
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
12 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
· To show initiative when assisting with the daily routine and daily activities and to have the ability to observe children’s next steps in learning and plan for this appropriately.
· To be able to work effectively as part of a team.
· To provide the highest standard of care to all children in a safe, caring and stimulating environment.
· To help to set up the playroom(s) for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session.
· To work in partnership with parents ensuring continuity of care for their children. To communicate verbally on a daily basis with parents with regard to their child’s welfare and development.
· To communicate effectively to the Nursery Manager/Deputy over any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
· To engage appropriately with the children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences.
· To ensure that children are kept safe and when to follow child protection procedures.
· To support meal times within the setting encouraging independence and a healthy eating approach.
· To attend training courses as required and to take responsibility for your professional development.
· To keep confidential information regarding the children, their families or other staff, which is acquired as part of the job.
· To be aware of and adhere to all the setting’s operational policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety, fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children, food safety, cleanliness of the setting etc.
· To display children’s work appropriately and imaginatively.
· Follow instructions from senior members of the team.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprenticeship Standard for Early Years Educator.
Apprentices must successfully complete a first aid qualification in line with the requirements of the EYFS Framework.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There are opportunities for progression within the role for the right candidate upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
FERN HOLLOW DAY NURSERY LTD
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.