We are looking for a dedicated and committed accountancy apprentice to support the wide range of accountancy and taxation services that we provide. The successful candidate will gain exposure to many different areas and receive support along the way and have the opportunity to progress and grow their career with the company.
Closing date: 21 Oct 2022
£6-£9.50/hr Depending on experience and progression through qualification
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
07 Nov 2022
23 Aug 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Key responsibilities will include:
- Bookkeeping and data processing
- Data management and organisation
- Maintenance and set up of new client records
- Payroll processing
- VAT return preparation
- Financial administration
- Monthly management accounts preparation
- Preparation of financial statements
- Preparation of corporation tax returns and supporting computations
- Preparation of personal tax returns and supporting computations
- Supporting clients with accounting software
- Regular, appropriate communication with clients through conversations, emails, letters and face to face meetings
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting
- Apprentices without Level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and taken the test for level 2 prior to taking their end point assessment
- End Point Assessment will be required to achieve the apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We are keen to support and develop individuals through to fully qualified Accountants and this progression is actively encouraged.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent in Mathematics (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
A Level or equivalent qualifications (Grade A*-C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
THE COLLEGE OF ANIMAL WELFARE LIMITED
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.