Office Administration and Estimating Assistant Apprentice C R REYNOLDS LTD
An excellent opportunity has become available working for an ambitious and growing civil engineering/construction company, working alongside a professional and enthusiastic team of estimators who will support you through your apprenticeship.
Closing date: 05 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 38
Possible start date
12 Oct 2022
10 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Ensuring all updates to live tenders are downloaded, logged and completion of all tender documentation, prior to submission.
- Creating hard copy files for each live tender & contract folders for subsequent contracts awarded.
- Printing out scale drawings and tender documents.
- Undertake quantity take-offs, both manually and digitally, from tender documents and drawings.
- Produce Bills of Quantities to the appropriate Method of Measurement in Microsoft Excel format.
- Building up quotations for submission to the Client.
- Assist the bid submission team in the preparation of tender submissions.
- Liaise with Supply chain Team to provide subcontractor and material allowances within tenders.
- Researching materials, equipment, and labour costs.
- Research plant and utilising pre-approved supply chain members and other media.
- Sending out tender subcontract and materials enquiries, chasing up responses and print out of hard copies.
- Evaluate returned quotations from suppliers and sub-contractors, checking they are complete and accurate within the time scale provided.
- Assist in estimating materials take-offs, with guidance from Senior Estimator.
- Answering sales enquiries.
- Maintain appropriate supplier / subcontractor databases.
- Prepare commercial documents/site files for handover to QS/Contracts Manager.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, the successful applicant will achieve the Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard. There is no designated day release for this course, but the successful applicant will be invited to attend the college as and when required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, there may be the opportunity for full-time employment with the employer.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.