Happy Feet are looking for a Childcare Assistant Apprentice to engage and support children aged 5 months- 10 years old. The apprentice will provide appropriate learning experiences for the children attending the small nursery setting at any given time.
Closing date: 04 Dec 2022
The yearly payment might be a bit different as the setting is open 47 to 48 weeks a year not 52 weeks.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
05 Dec 2022
01 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To ensure the safety and wellbeing of the children
- To liaise with parents/guardians of the children as requested by the employer
- Planning age-appropriate activities for the children
- Delivering those planned activities
- Observing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the progress of each child and reviewing, maintaining and updating records
- Work with the employer to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the children at all times, whilst at the setting, in transit and at other places
- Ensure that all visitors to the employer’s setting are duly authorised by the employer and sign the visitors’ book upon entry
- Soothe and comfort any injured children in line with the employer’s policies and procedures and administer first aid/medical care to the extent authorised by the employer in line with parental/guardian consent and the childminding assistant’s qualifications and experience
- Adhere to employer's policies and procedures
- To provide parents/guardians with information about the children
- To be in sole charge of the children at the setting, including in emergency situations, taking responsibility for ensuring compliance with appropriate Ofsted requirements at those times
- Keep the setting clean and tidy
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Full in-house training provided towards the successful completion of the Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship which includes:
- A first aid qualification in line with the requirements of the EYFS Framework
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required).
You will also study a range of topics, including introducing the role of the early years practitioner, legislation, framework and professional practice, play, development and learning for school and professional development.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A potential full time (minimum 30 hours) position upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Happy Feet Childcare
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.