This is an exiting opportunity for an apprentice Mechanical Fitter, working on pumps, gear boxes etc which have been sent in for repair or restoration from their customers.
Closing date: 14 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
17 Oct 2022
09 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Carrying out repairs and overhauls to Electric motors, Gearboxes, Pumps, and various engineering equipment associated to our trade.
- The apprentice will be learning and working on tasks such as
- Repair, overhaul of Motor Pumps and Gearboxes
- Specialist and Bespoke Repairs
- New and Replacement Motors, Pumps and Gearboxes.
- Authorised Distributors for WEG and Siemens Motors.
- Comprehensive Machining Service
- Balancing and Instrumentation solution
- AC & DC Load Testing
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards the Mechanical Fitter L3 Apprenticeship Standard, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group.
As part of your apprenticeship, and dependent on your prior attainment, you may be required to complete maths and English Functional Skills which is an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition for these qualifications
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
For the right canidate there will be potential to progress with the business upon completetion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
About the employer
0345 850 1055
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.