Fulford School - IT Solutions Apprenticeship INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
We are seeking to appoint an ICT Technician to oversee and maintain the computer network, peripherals and systems at the college. You will be joining a vibrant and thriving college community. The role includes managing the college’s ICT assets, allocating devices to both students and staff, and solving day-to-day issues which may occur.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 33.0
Possible start date
03 Nov 2022
08 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The post holder will have the opportunity to work with brand new systems that have been provided under Department for Education sponsorship. The college has a full support contract with the company who installed the systems, and they will provide all additional support 2nd and 3rd line to run the network.
- To manage the computer hardware, software and systems within the college and provide technical support to the college network to ensure effective IT provision for both curriculum and administrative purposes.
- To support the installation of hardware and software to develop college systems in line with changing technology and assist staff training in new software applications to ensure staff are able to utilise IT resources effectively.
- To assist in the resolution of network problems and supporting our IT provider to resolve difficulties to enable the smooth running of all college IT systems.
- To keep all peripheral equipment (printers, touch screens, mice, photocopiers, cameras, camcorders and iPads etc.) in full working order and be accountable for the management and recording of distribution to staff members.
- To carry out VDU assessments and ensure health and safety compliance of office-based staff.
- To set up ICT request for events such as outreach courses, training, and staff development days.
- To manage staff and student email accounts and access to the Microsoft Teams system.
- Assist with video recording of celebration assemblies, performances and other such requirements.
- To maintain the ICT network and internet connection.
- To assist with website updates as required and other ad hoc tasks relevant to the role.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
IT Solution Technician (Hardware/Software) Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard, including modules to understand the implement the following:
- Apply a range of technical IT skills, including: accessing remote systems; file manipulation; file editing, changing system or application settings; system administration; setting up and upgrading components (infrastructure or software);
- Operate in line with organisational polices, standards, legislation, security requirements, professional ethics, privacy and confidentiality; and understand escalation policies.
- Create and maintain documentation in accordance with best practice, organisational guidance and legislation.
- Identify appropriate technical solutions using both logical and creative thinking.
- Diagnose and understand client requirements and problems using sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Understand why testing is necessary, the need for both functional and non-functional testing, the different types of testing available, including unit testing, integration testing, user acceptance testing and performance testing.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of situations including formal and informally both within their team and externally.
- Operate securely across all their areas of responsibility, in line with organisational guidance and legislation
- Understand the main trends in emerging technologies – including the Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence, and automation - and the potential implications for digital activities.
- Functional Skills in maths/English if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of long term employment on completion of apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
IT solutions technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.