Cotham Secondary - Lab Tech Apprenticeship INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
To challenge educational and social disadvantages by supporting the science department in order to achieve the highest possible standards and prepare all our students to lead successful lives
Closing date: 25 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 33.0
Possible start date
03 Nov 2022
08 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Prepare scientific materials and / or sets of equipment for lessons.
- Coordinate the use of practical resources and facilities and provide assistance / advice in meeting the practical needs of the science curriculum, including liaising with teaching staff and support staff outside the department.
- Coordinate maintenance, repair and / or construction of equipment, as appropriate.
- Contribute to the design, development and maintenance of specialist resources and / or long-term projects.
- Check machinery / equipment.
- Ensure health and safety standards are met.
- Ensure cleanliness of materials.
- Manage the stock of materials and equipment.
- Assist staff in lessons as appropriate.
- Support practical demonstrations in lessons.
- Work with students as appropriate.
- Help to prepare and mount display materials.
- Undertake filing and other appropriate admin tasks.
- Support students throughout the day by fulfilling pastoral responsibilities.
- Engage fully in the academy appraisal process to fulfil personal potential and be able to participate effectively in the implementation of the academy’s goals and improvement plan.
- Attend meetings / training and carry out administrative tasks and duties as specified on the academy calendar.
- Contribute to decision-making and consultation procedures.
- Report any safeguarding concerns immediately to a Designated Safeguarding Lead.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Laboratory Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- To prepare and set out equipment to enable teaching staff to undertake routine scientific demonstrations and class. experimental work, following current Health and Safety statutes and procedural guidelines.
- To manage the acquisition, safe storage and disposal of equipment and chemicals required in connection with delivery of the Science curriculum.
- Functional skills in English and/or maths if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible progression into a full-time role for the right applicant.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.