Cotham Secondary - Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
The role of a Teaching Assistant is to provide support for pupils, encourage pupils to become more independent learners, and provide support for their emotional, social, and physical welfare.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 33.0
Possible start date
03 Nov 2022
08 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Supervising class activities
- Assisting with young people’s learning experience
- Helping students who might need extra support
- Learning classroom based skills and behaviour techniques
- Planning sessions and think about learning objectives
- Working alongside the teacher to support classroom activities
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Increased mastery of the critical stages of child and adolescent development
- Enhance understanding of the types of influences that can affect this development
- Become fully adept in supporting teachers with the planning of activities, as well as creating own activity plans
- Evaluation of personal performance in relation to supporting literacy, numeracy, and ICT if required
- Amplify knowledge of safeguarding and emergency procedures
- Understand legislation with regard to confidentiality, data protection, and information sharing
- Functional skills if needed
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential for full time employment for the right candidate upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade Level 4 / Grade C and above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.