Assist with the upkeep of the salon, dealing with clients, carrying out hairdressing services and assisting colleagues. You will develop valuable practical experience by working in a salon environment and being exposed to a high standard of professional hairdressing on a day to day basis.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
09 Aug 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Maintaining a safe, healthy & clean environment.
- Assisting senior colleagues to deliver salon services.
- Engaging positively with clients & promoting a positive image of yourself & the salon.
- Greeting & gowning clients
- Preparing tools, equipment and products for services.
- Carrying out shampooing, conditioning treatments, removing colours, neutralising perms under supervision.
- Answering the telephone, dealing with enquiries & making appointment.
- Processing client payments
- Other duties
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards the Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals (Hairdressing pathway), with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group.
As part of your apprenticeship, and dependent on your prior attainment, you may be required to complete maths and English Functional Skills which is an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition for these qualifications.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression to level 3 hairdressing apprenticeship/ potential full time employment on completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or Above) Essential
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.