Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET) Apprentice - Leicester FMG REPAIR SERVICES LIMITED
Apprentices will be working alongside fully qualified MET technicians to be fully trained in preparing and painting repaired panels. The role is to identify damaged mechanical and electrical components on a damaged car/light commercial vehicle, and remove and refit these components before and after body repair work has been carried out.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022
Apprentices will be paid above the Minimum Apprenticeship Wage at £6.56/hr
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Oct 2022
08 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assessing a vehicle to establish the extent of damage
- Remove and refit non-structural body panels and mechanical and electrical systems
- Remove and refit any part relating to the vehicle, to the correct alignment.
- Remove, repair and replace engine, gearbox, suspension, mechanical and electrical systems
- Diagnose and fix faults within a vehicle management system (on board computer) & associated electrical system
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Vehicle damage mechanical, electrical and trim (MET) technician apprenticeship standard.
Apprentices will be required to achieve Certification in Refrigerant Handling (EC 842-2006)
- Not only will apprentices be working and trained within the garage, but they will also attend an approved college on block release to work towards and achieve their Certificate at Level 3 in Vehicle Damage Mechanical Electrical and Trim (MET).
- A skills coach will visit at least every 28 days as part of a close support network to ensure that apprentices are both enjoying and succeeding in their course.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A full-time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress to positions of authority.
The opportunities are endless. By having a highly regarded set of skills, Apprentices can go on to develop their career within the specific interests they may have, whether it be progressing through their dealership or working towards a job within motorsport.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or above) Essential
About the employer
01923 216 165
Vehicle damage mechanical, electrical and trim (MET) technician
Level 3 (A level)