Hive Urban Farm Shops and Catch22 are partnering to offer a level 2 production chef opportunity. Join an experienced team and learn all the skills and tricks you'll need to enter the food industry. Prepare and serve a range of food and drinks, all while learning about kitchen and workplace maintenance.
Closing date: 30 Dec 2022
£9,379.50 to £18,525.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Jan 2023
09 Aug 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As a production chef, you will pick up all the essential skills required to work in a professional kitchen. Your daily responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- To support call order chefs in serving breakfast and brunch.
- Working with a range of food types and cooking methods, including fish, meat, vegetables and dairy.
- Prepare freshly served coffee and other beverages.
- Ensure each dish is prepared to the highest of standards, with reasonable and efficient speed.
- Work in a busy environment, under high pressure.
- Plan and organise tasks in and around the kitchen.
- Maintaining a high level of health and safety conduct, ensuring all procedures are followed, and hygiene levels maintained.
- Exhibit a high level of service and attention to detail in all tasks, setting an excellent role model example.
- Carry out general cleaning tasks within the kitchen, ensuring all hygiene and safety standards are upkept.
- While the majority of tasks will be carried out within the kitchen and focused around food prep and such, you will also often times have to help out with tasks such as unloading deliveries or stock rotation, to ensure all aspects of the workplace run smoothly.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will work towards a Production Chef Apprenticeship Level 2
You will have a dedicated industry expert to guide and coach you through components of your programme and you’ll experience a range of different learning opportunities.
Meetings with your dedicated trainer
Interactive Online Workshops
Peer to peer mentoring
Personal development planning
Manager progress reviews
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Permenant all year position and possibility of developing bakery skills
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
HIVE URBAN FARM SHOPS LTD.
CATCH 22 CHARITY LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.