Do you like gardening and landscaping? Do you like using a range of different materials from laying turf to slabbing? Do you take pride in your work? If so, then this award winning company is the place to be! They are currently looking for an apprentice to join their team, so now is the time to apply!
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022
Total hours per week: 36.0
Possible start date
15 Oct 2022
04 Aug 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with our landscaping teams and keeping our landscapers supplied with materials and mixes as and when required.
- Keeping working site tidy and the company vans organised.
- Understanding basic landscaping tasks.
- Ensuring that all paperwork and assessment documents are completed professionally and on time.
- Ensuring that punctuality and attendance is maintained to a high standard for both Landscapia Ltd and Birmingham Metropolitan College.
- Ensuring that all work conducted for Landscapia Ltd is kept to a high standard and completed within the allocated timeframe.
- Promote and maintain Landscapia Ltd’s high level of customer service and satisfaction.
- To undergo training, on a day release basis under the supervision of Birmingham Metropolitan College and peers.
Working conditions and environment
- Required to work from on project sites throughout the West Midlands area with our landscaping teams.
- Adhering to and demonstrating Landscapia Ltd’s key company values in how the job is carried out.
- Carrying out all duties in accordance to Landscapia Ltd’s policies, procedures and health & safety protocols. This includes wearing the correct PPE as and when required.
Once you have applied for this apprenticeship, you will also need to attend an appointment with our College Curriculum team. An email and text will be sent to you to apply on the college website for your chosen apprenticeship framework. Once you have applied via the link provided you will then be sent an email and a letter inviting you into the College to meet with the relevant curriculum team, who will confirm that you are eligible for the apprenticeship.
If you have already applied and attended an appointment session at one of our colleges, please contact your Recruitment Advisor to discuss your interest in this specific vacancy. You do not need to apply again to the college.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Horticulture or Landscape Operative level 2.
As of 1st August 2020, the new standard has replaced the previous framework apprenticeship.
Standards are occupation focused, they are not qualification-led. The learning happens throughout the apprenticeship. And the apprentice is assessed at the end. There is a focus on key areas – knowledge, skills and behaviours (KSB).
Highlights of the new standard:
- There is a major shift from assessing to learning. Instead of continually assessing learners, assessors will be more like tutors or mentors – planning activities, sending feedback and supporting apprentices until the EPA (End Point Assessment). The EPAO (End Point Assessment Organisation) will then be responsible for assessing the apprentice
- Instead of assessing apprentices, on-programme learning will meet all the KSBs in the standard and prepare apprentices for their EPA. Mentors will need to check which assessment methods are used in the EPA and do mock tests and practice runs as the apprentice approaches the EPA
- The standards include a 20% off-the-job training requirement. This means providers and employers need to work together to plan learning activities outside of the apprentice's normal working duties. Off-the-job training is mandatory and will be audited, so it needs to be properly organised and recorded
- Apprentices are now graded according to their performance in the EPA. This means mentors will need to work closely with their learners to get the most out of them – planning activities to coach borderline apprentices and stretch and challenge high achievers
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A full time position will be offered to those who successfully complete their apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
BIRMINGHAM METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
Horticulture or landscape construction operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.