Apprentice IT Support (Central Computers) Central Computers
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an aspiring IT Support Apprentice with Central Computers a company providing IT Support , Repair ,Configuration ,PC’s and Laptops to the people of Businesses. This role is based in Romford Essex.
Closing date: 17 Oct 2022
£15,000 - £20,000 Depending on experience.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
24 Oct 2022
04 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The work we do is carried out in a mixture of face to face in our office or on customer site, remotely, by video call, or by phone.
- General sales this requires product knowledge and understanding of specifications and what products to recommend and quote.
- Stock ordering booking in.
- PC’s creating pricelist and sales sheet / parts picking for orders.
- Producing invoices and taking payments.
- PC PDI technical check after machines have been built.
- Repairs machine booking in. Repair booking out – including technical check paperwork contacting customer during their repair and on completion.
- Laptop setup and machine personalisation.
- Data transfer.
- Data recovery.
- Bench time support basic IT support to install printers configure email accounts and general user support assisting customers with information on how to carry out some procedures.
- Laptop hardware repair ordering and installation of replacement screens and keyboard.
- Call logging for business support work and escalation to relevant engineer.
- 1st Line support tasks.
- Logical diagnosis of issues to be outside of competency to escalate the issue to other team members.
- Routine tasks such as backup checks.
- Site work including installation support of domestic pcs and small non server networks.
- Network printer installations and configurations.
- Domain machine connection, password changes and general user administration.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance.
Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.