An exciting opportunity to join a multi-disciplinary printing company with over 30 years’ experience. As Apprentice Screen Printer, you will join a small, friendly team who work with a range of software and processed such as large-format printing, sign making and screen printing.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2022
£6.50 per hour. A production bonus is possible. A child friendly working contract can be considered.
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
29 Aug 2022
7 days ago
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The right candidate should ideally have some knowledge and/or experience of current professional manual and direct-to-garment (DTG) processes used in design and printing.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with customers to recommend a viable form of printing such as large format, screen printing or sign making
- Advise customers on estimated printing times, materials and quantities needed
- Follow client briefs and instructions
- Designing and making screen patterns
- Developing an understanding of the different machinery and processes used throughout the business
- Running jobs and performing quality checks throughout the process
- Report any issues or quality discrepancies
- Ensuring workspace is tidy and machinery is cleaned after each job
- Ensure all documentation is completed accurately to ensure that a true record of work produced is available at all times
- Creative with an eye for detail
- Working as part of a team
We are willing to consider committed people who are not fully trained or have the relevant experience in this field, providing they are willing undergo training.
Proposal to develop or extend the scope of work will be considered.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the qualification obtained will be a Level 3 Print Technician apprenticeship standard.
The apprentice will be given sufficient time to undertake their "off-the-job" requirement of the apprenticeship.
Throughout your time as an apprentice, you will be supported by both Catbird and the BPIF. You will be assigned a training coordinator to ensure that you have the best training available. Training requirements will be discussed at the point of employment to suit your individual needs and business needs. Most training and studying will be site-based.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship a full-time position will be available in the business.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Essential
AS Level or equivalent IT or Technology (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
BPIF TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.