An excellent opportunity has arisen for an apprentice to work within a busy manufacturing environment at Transaxle Ltd, based in Walsall. The apprentice will train in all aspects of the remanufacturing of Commercial Vehicle brake calipers within the manufacturing and processing apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Dec 2022
05 Aug 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The apprentice will play an important team role in the day to day planning, organisation and smooth running of the manufacturing environment, and train in all aspects of the processes associated with the manufacture of point of sale, marketing and promotional displays, in line with the company's standard operating procedures.
Duties will include:
- Working in all departments of the process to get complete understanding of how commercial vehicle brake calipers are remanufactured to an 'as-new' condition
- Using different tools to dismantle brake calipers to their component parts
- Cleaning and refurbishing used parts
- Drilling, filing and cleaning of parts following specialist processes
- Assembly of individual part components for use in the complete remanufacturing process
- Ensure all components meet exacting safety critical requirements in each process
- Follow all stringent Health and Safety processes and ensure you comply with safety requirements
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The qualification for this apprenticeship is Level 2 Engineering Operative, delivered over a period of 15 months. You will attend In-Comm Training Services, in Aldridge, WS9 8UG, one day per week over this duration for off-the-job training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time position with the company after successful completion of this apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Sue Fisher or Alex Jones
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.