Apprentice Nursery Practitioner BALDERSBY PARK MONTESSORI NURSERY LTD
Baldersby Park Montessori Nursery School in Topcliffe, welcomes babies and children up to Reception age. We follow the best of traditional standards and provide a warm environment in which children are nurtured, motivated and eager to learn. We are looking to hire an eager apprentice who can support the children to reach their learning potential.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.0
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
03 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
1. Provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children
2. Observe, support and extend children's learning and progress
3. Plan appropriately for the EYFS and ensure rich and diverse outdoor play experiences are offered.
4. To provide security, stability and education that is fun, building on each child’s emotional wellbeing
5. Presenting appropriate activities for the child’s development and next steps in learning
6. Work closely with families and in partnership with parents/carers and other professionals
7. Acknowledge the fundamental values of citizenship, understanding that not everyone shares the same beliefs or values but respecting them as equal to our own.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
Apprenticeships are delivered in the workplace and at least 6 hours of your working week will be dedicated to ‘off the job training’. You will be allocated a Teaching & Learning Co-ordinator (TLC) and will have access to our online study area where you will find all your study materials. Your TLC will provide you with personal tutorial support and on-programme assessment at pre-arranged times.
End point assessment is by an independent assessment organisation and comprises of two activities – knowledge test and portfolio-based professional discussion.
You will be working towards the Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Educator
Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) or Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
· Achievement of the Advanced Apprenticeship will enable apprentices to access higher level jobs within the wider childcare sector, e.g. Room Leader, Nursery Supervisor or Nursery Manager.
· There is also opportunity for apprentices to go on to further study at higher levels, particularly the Level 5 Early Years Lead Practitioner apprenticeship standard.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Desired
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Childcare (Grade Pass) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
FW SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)