Accounts Assistant Apprentice Level 2 SPECTRUM ACCOUNTANCY SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Spectrum Accountancy Solutions are an established accountancy firm based in Bristol and we are looking to recruit an accounts assistant apprentice to join our growing team.
Closing date: 29 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
03 Aug 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To help with the processing of client records to include input of sales invoices, purchase invoices, bank payments and receipts.
- To complete monthly bank reconciliation, identify any queries that may arise in the processing of client records.
- Take ownership of allocated tasks and be aware of deadlines for work carried out.
Identify client VAT return deadlines and assist in the preparation of the quarterly returns.
- Identify and motoring of compliance statutory filing deadlines.
Assist in preparing sole trader and rental accounts.
- General administration tasks, including ad-hoc duties and assisting the directors in the administration of the business.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As the successful apprentice you will undertake an intermediate level 2 Apprenticeship as a Finance Assistant to include assessment in Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours, Functional Skills in Maths and English (where applicable),completion of your End Point Assessment.
During your time on the apprenticeship programme, you will also be expected to complete and document 20% off-job-training.
The Apprenticeship will be delivered by South Gloucestershire & Stroud College over 15 months.
You will be required to attend Filton campus on day release for your studies and an assessor will visit you out on site. You will be assigned a supervisor/mentor within the workplace, who will support you to develop your workplace skills, knowledge and behaviours throughout the duration of your apprenticeship programme.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Progression to Level 3 and Level 4 AAT qualifications.
- Full Time employment on completion of apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent GCSE Maths and English (Grade GCSE Grades A*-C or 4-9) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Business and Finance (Grade Pass or above) Desired
About the employer
SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.