Planet Rail creates tailor made rail holidays for customers worldwide. We are looking for an apprentice to work in the ever changing and fast paced world of travel. You must be confident and have an eye for detail within this customer-based role, to help drive the business forward and create memorable holidays for our customers.
Closing date: 15 Jan 2023
Future prospects to travel abroad • 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays • Employer pension contribution
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Feb 2023
03 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Handling the day-to-day administrative tasks relating to customer bookings and general office administration such as:
· Recording all new enquiries and keeping records up to date
· Maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the customer database
· Liaising with customers over the phone and via email regarding aspects of their booking enquiry
· Liaising with suppliers over the phone and via email with regards to services booked
· Taking an initial holiday enquiry over the phone from a customer
· Assisting in preparing a quotation for the customer
· Making any relevant bookings with suppliers
· Adding booked customers to the Travel Trade Association insurance scheme
· Updating financial records
· Preparing and sending a written holiday booking confirmation to the customer
· Preparing the holiday documents (tickets, itinerary, rail information, maps etc.)
· Recording customer information for the independent review site Feefo and uploading this to the Feefo website
· Maintaining confidentiality in all aspects of customer, staff and company information
· Carrying out any other reasonable duties as required
· At all times follow the company processes and guidelines
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will receive training in the workplace and will attend York College on a day release basis. In college, you will study skills in the use of multiple IT packages and systems relevant to the organisation in order to: write letters or emails, create proposals, perform financial processes and record and analyse data. You will learn to make recommendations for improvements and present solutions to management.
The qualification achieved at the end of the apprenticeship, following the End Point Assessment, is level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This will be discussed with the employer once the successful applicant has completed the apprenticeship.
Ideally we want someone to stay on to work full time.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.