Science Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship Featherstone High School
An exciting opportunity to work alongside a passionate team at Featherstone High School, while completing your Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship. You will provide general and practical support to the science department. You will also assist all class teachers in preparing lessons for students.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
£8,754.20 to £17,290.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
07 Sep 2022
03 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Provide technical advice and support to Class Teacher as required.
- To assist in practical classes and carry out demonstrations under the direction of the teacher.
- Following guidelines provided prepare and set out experiments, scientific and audio-visual equipment, chemicals, specimens etc for laboratory use (this includes moving items between laboratories where necessary).
- To contribute to the design, development, and maintenance of specialist resources and or long-term projects.
- To be responsible for ensuring that cover work, set by teaching staff, is placed in rooms and that this is then collected, to be given to staff on their return.
- To ensure that subsequent requisitions are altered to consider cover situations.
- To assist with corridor and classroom display board upkeep.
Invigilate exams where necessary.
- To be able to safely use and dispose of material including hazardous substances and be able to respond to actual or potential hazards appropriately.
- To be responsible for the safe storage and accessibility of equipment and materials.
- To carry out health and safety risk assessments relating to laboratory work and apply COSHH regulations.
- To ensure the availability of suitable materials and equipment, compiling orders, sourcing, and costing.
- Keep up to date records of stock.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Laboratory Technician
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of full-time employment upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade C/4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.