Apprentice ICT Data Technician (West Berkshire Council) West Berkshire Council
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an ICT Data Technician Apprentice with West Berkshire Council. This role will be based in their Market Street offices in Newbury with potential to work from home part of the time.
Closing date: 29 Aug 2022
£19,312 - £20,903
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
02 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Develop competencies in line with the BCS Data Technician role
- Use analytics to work with key stakeholder departments to improve the data quality of their Bot and website content.
- Train the NLP engine of the Bot to deliver meaningful interactions for our customers.
- Work with our suppliers to deliver improvements to the Bot in line with the Bot Roadmap.
- Gather data and produce dashboards to demonstrate the efficacy of the Bot and suggest areas for improvement
- Liaise with suppliers to resolve issues with the Bot as they arise.
- Develop integrations from the Bot to external systems via Application programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Work on analytics based systems supported by the applications team.
- Promote equality as an integral part of the role, treating everyone with fairness and dignity.
- Comply with WBC health and safety policies, procedures and rules, taking reasonable care of self and others.
- Adhere to the standards set out in the WBC competency framework.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Data Technician, with training in how to:
- Identify the right data sources for your business to inform decision making.
- Collect, compile and cleanse data accurately and securely.
- Identify, anaylse and interpret data, trends and patterns.
- Produce dashboards and reports to aid visualization and comparison.
- Summarise and present the results of data analysis, making recommendations for business improvement.
- Store and archive data in line with data protection legislation.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)