Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship Atkinson Health Centre Practice
This is an exciting opportunity to gain a Level 3 Business Administration qualification, while working in a medical environment. This role is to provide an efficient and effective reception, clerical and administrative support service to the surgery team in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
03 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Provide help to patients & other health care professionals either over the phone, via email or at the reception desk
- To book, cancel or amend patient appointments
- Entering data into patient records and ensuring all information is correct and kept up to date
- Liaising with other members of staff to pass on messages from patients or other health care professionals
- To undertake basic administration and clerical duties
- Liaising with patients and informing them of test results/information passed from the clinical staff
- Checking practice fridge temperatures and maintaining a log as part of practice policy
- Scanning of letters/documents/reports on to the clinical system.
- Opening the mail and distributing to the relevant staff. Also using the franking machine and taking the post
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Successful completion of the apprenticeship will lead to a Level 3 certificate in Business Administration
- The training will take place on site at the surgery as well attending college one day a week for off the job training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To become an administration assistant, a healthcare navigator, a care co-ordinator or a medical receptionist immediately after gaining your apprentice. You progress to degree level once you have achieved your Level 3 certificate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent IT (Grade 2) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.