APPRENTICE ENGINEERING MAINTENANCE FITTER FURNISS & WHITE (FOUNDRIES) LTD
As an Apprentice Maintenance Fitter, you will work against the planned maintenance schedule to ensure machinery, equipment and facilities are at an acceptable standard and carry out reactive/emergency repairs, working closely with our experienced in-house Maintenance team.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
02 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assisting a team of fitters in all aspects of preventative and emergency maintenance.
- Servicing/repairing parts and according to routine servicing schedules.
- Troubleshoot and/or investigate known or suspected machine problems.
- Disassemble mechanical equipment as part of a systematic controlled approach.
- Checking and calibrating instruments to make sure they are accurate
- Fitting new parts
- Carrying out quality inspections
- Responding immediately to equipment breakdowns
- Fixing faults or arranging for replacements to be installed
- Keeping production managers informed of progress
- Work safely and in line with written procedures, carrying out your own risk assessment before commencing work.
- Check that all plant and equipment to be used is in good order and certified for use
- Carry out assigned tasks in compliance with ISO requirements and safety procedures
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations as all times.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Maintenance Operations Engineering Technician Level 3 Standard
- Mechanical Technician Pathway studied on a day release basis at our Olive Grove campus
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon the the satisfactory completion of the apprenticeship there may be the opportunity of full time employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SHEFFIELD COLLEGE, THE
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)