The Apprentice Electrician will work with the Buildings Department. This is a great opportunity for somebody wanting to build a foundation in electrical installation and with the enthusiasm to grow and develop many different construction skills.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
02 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Assist the Buildings team in general electrical installation duties, such as:
1) Assisting in maintenance repairs and installation of existing and new electrical systems on all the College properties, such as fire alarms and entry systems, etc
2) Assisting with routine checking and testing of all types of electrical systems, including the location and repair of faults
3) Helping with Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) of electrical installations
· The safe use and operation of equipment and machinery used in electrical maintenance, in line with relevant training
· Adhere to current health and safety legislation and best practice in accordance with the College Health and Safety policy statement
· Ensure own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your own actions. Employees must follow instructions and co-operate at all times with their line manager to enable the College to meet its legal responsibilities. Employees must stop work if the nature of the situation involves risk of serious injury to any person and must report and hazardous situation or defective equipment to their line manager without delay
· Actively participate in your own development plan, including 20% completion for off the job training for the apprenticeship standard per week
· Demonstrate your learning through continued improvement in carrying out your allocated tasks and duties
· Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required of you in the post
· Commitment and promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion
· All positions at Eton are classed as ‘regulated activity’ as per the Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021 guidance, therefore a good understanding of safeguarding procedures is essential
· Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including by not limited to, completing safeguarding training as required, and ensuring any safeguarding updates issued by the College are read and understood
· Understand and comply with procedures and legislation relating to confidentiality
In addition to the training and support you receive from the College; you will be expected to study for agreed qualifications with an approved training provider. In order to gain your qualification, you will undertake regular workplace assessments with the training provider associated with your apprenticeship and will complete an End Point Assessment.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Installation Electrician and Maintenance Electrician Level 3
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths if required
- One day in a week class and practical based training in Langley campus.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We are keen to help people develop their careers with us. The College intends to retain its apprentices who complete their qualifications where possible.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
ETON COLLEGE SERVICES LIMITED
About disability confident
THE WINDSOR FOREST COLLEGES GROUP
Installation electrician and maintenance electrician
Level 3 (A level)