IT Network Technician Apprentice CLASS TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS LTD
We’re looking for apprentices wishing to start a career in IT. You will be able to use your excellent problem solving and communication skills to work with colleagues and clients in order to resolve a range of issues dealt with by the support desk on a daily basis.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2022
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
02 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include:
- Assist in maintaining and administering school’s Parent App and Google Suite
- Support Windows 7 desktop environment by working both independently and as part of a team
- Knowing School network system infrastructure based on evaluation and research
- Upgrade network devices by liaising with vendors and services, planning and setting up lab environment, testing of PC and other network hardware and software, operating system management and defining system and operational policies and procedures
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request and protect School's value by keeping information confidential
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- Cover for other team members
- Undertake appropriate School-wide tasks as agreed or directed
- Provide New Technologies services for the school
- Develop and deliver training programmes for staff on use of New Technologies
- To ensure that personal knowledge base is in keeping with the School’s needs at all times, to undertake all duties with due regard for Health and Safety regulations
- To promote the School’s Equal Opportunities policies in a manner compatible with the duties of the post
- Understand and comply with the School’s safeguarding policy and procedures
- Contribute to the school Duty Rota
- Comply with all other School policies
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the level of the post, as required to ensure the efficient and effective running of the School
- Promote the School’s values and ethos in accordance with the School’s Professional Code
- Carry out all duties and responsibilities in accordance with School policies and procedures and statutory requirements
- Identify personal training needs with line manager and work actively to develop professional expertise by participating in ongoing professional development
- Support the professional development of colleagues
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship Standard
You will receive full training and support from the Just IT Apprenticeship team to increase your skills.
Your training will include gaining internationally recognised Level /3 IT qualifications.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Tech and digital professionals in London earn an average salary of £52,500 per year, so this apprenticeship could be the start of a very promising and profitable career.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 +) Essential
About the employer
CLASS TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS LTD
JUST IT TRAINING LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)