Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Stoke Damerel Primary School
Stoke Damerel Primary School are looking to employ two Teaching Assistant apprentices. One will be based in Yr 1 and one in year 5. They would be supported by a full-time class teacher and directed to support our pupils to learn, play and be safe at school. This vacancy will be managed by Plymouth Argyle Community Trust.
Closing date: 05 Sep 2022
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
19 Sep 2022
02 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Under the direction of the class teacher, the TA would be responsible for;
- Preparing the classroom for lessons and tidying it up afterwards.
- Supporting children across the curriculum.
- Providing extra assistance to children with additional needs to access the curriculum.
- Recording and reporting a student's progress to the teacher.
- Providing pupils with feedback, both verbally and in writing.
- Delivering small group learning activities.
- Putting up displays.
- Supporting pupils to behave appropriately
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training to be provided
On our 15-18 month Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard, you will work towards the following:
Behaviours, Skills & Knowledge
Functional Skills in maths and English at level 2 (if not already exempt through prior qualifications)
End-Point Assessment (EPA)
You will have regular visits at the workplace from a designated assessor to observe your progress and competence in the role you are carrying out.
Training will take place at Plymouth Argyle.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There may be the potential for employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Math (Grade 4-9 (A-C)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE FOOTBALL IN THE COMMUNITY TRUST
Level 3 (A level)