Commis Chef Apprenticeship MANCHESTER UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED
An opportunity to work with the Executive Head Chef and Culinary Team at Manchester United to cater 15 different menus at a world class level. Each Match Day the club host in excess of 6 thousand hospitality guests across its 26 suites and 180 boxes. We are looking for 5 Commis Chef Apprentices to join our bustling Culinary Team, could this be you?
Closing date: 24 Aug 2022
As an employee of Manchester United, apprentices will have access to our self-serve benefits platform United Rewards which include discounts from our sponsor partners. Access to our learning platforms and pensions.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
12 Sep 2022
02 Aug 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assist in the production, preparation, and cooking of food for areas within the stadium.
- Supporting the preparation of food according to a set specification sheet or one-to-one tuition/demonstration.
- Supporting to ensure all aspects of food production processes are presented to the highest of standards.
- Complete set paperwork applicable to the operation daily.
- Complete tasks as directed to ensure they are carried out in a safe productive manner, to the standard shown.
- Maintain a high level of personal hygiene and ensure that correct clean uniform and personal protective equipment are worn at all times.
- Report and record any service or maintenance issues with your Kitchen Manager.
- Ensuring a deep clean is conducted in your area of work at the end of your shift, whilst maintaining the cleanliness of kitchens throughout.
- Inform your Kitchen Manager of all food wastage.
- To ask questions and keep a personal log of all training activities for future reference.
- Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes.
- Be committed to the success of the Football Club, by delivering Manchester United’s Visions and Values.
- To adhere to and help enforce all Health and Safety standards, company rules, regulations, and policies at all times.
- Completion of the apprenticeship standard/framework.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprentices will obtain an intermediate apprenticeship
Level 2 commis chef qualification upon completion.
Training will be undertaken at Old Trafford, in the Culinary department which is the heart of the stadium of dreams. The training will build on basic skills to help you become the best master commis chef you can be. It is open to anyone without experience but with passion and determination to learn.
Each apprentice is allocated to work in the same kitchen for each event. However, business demands may require you to relocate to another area within Old Trafford for any Match Day or Event. Working hours can vary to meet the business demands be this Match Day or Events. Apprentices will be expected to arrange travel requirements and be able to get to Old Trafford to meet the varying working hours.
One day a week there will be a day release at Trafford College which is included in your working hours.
Applicants must be available for the assessment day on Thursday 18 August 2022
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, we are aiming to offer a role within our catering team either on a full-time position or casual basis.
There will also be opportunities to build your professional network by working with other companies in the catering industry during the training.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
THE TRAFFORD COLLEGE GROUP
Level 2 (GCSE)