Conveyancing Assistant Apprentice TILLY BAILEY & IRVINE LLP
The purpose of this role is to provide administrative and secretarial support to the Senior Conveyancing Executive. The Conveyancing Assistant Apprentice is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative. A-levels are required to apply.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
03 Oct 2022
03 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main duties and requirements
- Assist with incoming post, by finding the relating files and attaching post in readiness for the fee earner.
- Attend to clients, both in person and on the telephone, and provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the Firm’s standards for client care.
- Assist in providing updates to Clients, Solicitors and Estate Agents.
- Update referrers, electronic spreadsheets and portals.
- Make appointments and arrange meetings as needed.
- Preparation of Stamp Duty Land Transaction returns.
- Completion of standard letters.
- Arrange for all copying to be done.
- Prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch.
- Ensure documents are saved in accordance with departmental procedures and files are kept up to date on a daily basis.
- Ensure client details are accurate and kept up to date on both electronic and paper files.
- Provide guidance to new and temporary staff when required to do so.
- Undertake any specific training when required by the Firm and take responsibility for self-development.
- Ensure Client confidentiality of all the Firm’s and the Firm’s clients’ information and documentation.
- To contribute as a team member and provide sickness and other absence cover for other members of the team when required.
- To contribute as a team member in the continual review of efficiencies within the department.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Paralegal Standard at Bede Sixth Form College, 1 day a week.
- CILEx Level 3 Diploma in Providing Legal Services.
- Functional Skills Maths & English, if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
An opportunity for a full-time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
A Level or equivalent Any subject (Grade Pass or higher) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
THE EDUCATION TRAINING COLLECTIVE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.