Adult Care Worker Apprentice x2 WESTFIELD RESIDENTIAL HOME LTD.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a friendly, professional setting in which you will learn valuable skills that can set you up for an excellent career in health care. For the right applicant, a full-time role awaits beyond the end of the apprenticeship, with a range of learning and development opportunities.
Closing date: 17 Aug 2022
Initial pay will start between £6 per hour and £7 per hour, with regular reviews of pay.
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
22 Aug 2022
5 days ago
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include:
- To assist clients getting up in the morning and going to bed at night
- To assist clients to wash, bath and shower
- To assist clients to dress and undress
- To assist clients to look after their skin, teeth, hair and nails
- To assist clients with toileting, continence management and personal hygiene
- To assist clients with their medication at the agreed level of support and as detailed in their Medication Care Needs Assessment
- To prepare food and drink for the client, being aware of the client’s nutritional needs and cultural requirements
- To provide light general household domestic duties, including housework and laundry, as detailed in the care plan or instructed by management
- To take responsibility for the safe handling of property and equipment belonging to the client
- To maintain good communication and develop effective working relationships with clients including talking and listening to them about their interests
- To help the client to maintain contact with their family and friends
- To accompany the client on trips into the community
- To ensure as safe as possible the living environment for the client
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Upon completion of the course, the successful applicant will achieve the Level 2 Diploma in Care.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, there will be a full-time role for the right applicant, with the opportunity to progress on to further courses in order to further enhance their skills.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
About the employer
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.