Site Maintenance Electrician Apprentice EVIOSYS PACKAGING UK LIMITED
To repair maintain and improve site electrical systems & infrastructure in a safe manner following procedures and correct use of PPE, minimising all waste, and adhering to the prescribed schedules and the needs of the equipment. You will provide breakdown support to minimise equipment downtime and learn to deliver improvement and project works.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
29 Aug 2022
01 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Recondition unit spares
- Maintain accurate records of works completed including breakdowns/maintenance
- Help deliver improvements in the manufacturing process through effective PPM activities
- Maintain the accuracy of electrical drawings when changes have been made
- Minimise costs related to the use of engineering components and consumables
- Identify equipment faults and to autonomously implement repairs
- Effectively communicate to adjoining shifts the details of works to be progressed.
- To work in a safe manner, following required procedures and correct use of PPE, ensuring your own safety and the safety of co-workers.
- To carry out maintenance duties according to prescribed schedules and the needs of the equipment.
- To provide breakdown support to minimise equipment downtime.
- To identify and carry out improvement and project works.
- To take ownership of allocated engineering activities.
- To recondition unit spares.
- To maintain accurate records of works completed including breakdowns and maintenance.
- Help deliver improvements in the manufacturing process through effective PPM activities.
- To maintain the accuracy of electrical drawings when changes have been made.
- To minimise costs related to the use of engineering components and consumables.
- To identify equipment faults and to autonomously implement repairs.
- To effectively communicate to adjoining shifts the details of works to be progressed.
- To communicate with external functions to facilitate effective resolution of problems.
- To generate ideas to gain production improvements.
- To provide training to apprentices and co-workers.
- To maintain a high standard of housekeeping.
- To maintain a customer and quality awareness.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards the Maintenance Operations Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group. You will work towards the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
As part of your apprenticeship, and dependent on your prior attainment, you may be required to complete maths and English Functional Skills which is an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition for these qualifications.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential full time employment on completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
01246 500 500
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.