The safe and effective supervision of programmed and un-programmed sessions including the instruction of a range of fitness and sporting activities exercising an appropriate level of control to our customers.
Closing date: 22 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
19 Sep 2022
02 Aug 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- The post-holder must, at all times, carry out their duties to comply with the policies, standing orders, financial regulations, employee code of conduct and procedures of the company.
- To maintain, at all times, high standards of customer service and customer care.
- To work as part of the lifeguard team for the pools & to supervise the pools as part of the lifeguard rotation system.
- To attend regular staff training to ensure that the RLSS National Pool Lifeguard qualification is up to date & personal competency is maintained.
- To supervise both programmed and un-programmed activities of the venue, ensuring that the service provided to customers is of a high quality.
- To intervene to prevent behaviour which is unsafe and identify emergencies quickly, taking appropriate action and administering first aid as necessary.
- To carry out cleaning duties as required in accordance with the cleaning schedule, ensuring that high standards of presentation and safety are maintained at all times.
- Ensure the facilities are clean, safe and fit for purpose at all times and immediately report any deficiencies to management.
- To set up and take down equipment for sporting and non-sporting activities in a safe manner ensuring equipment is safe for use for customers.
- Observe and report any instances that affect or could lead to the deterioration of the services provided.
- Completing incident and accident reports, together with all other routine records requiring completion, paying particular attention to signing in and out of the facility, staff breaks, and training logs.
- To communicate effectively with customers, visitors and colleagues at all times.
- To ensure all duties are carried out in a safe manner in accordance with the Health and Safety Management System to include corporate standards, local procedures, risk assessments and the facility NOP / EAP.
- To maintain a personal level of fitness and qualification(s) that is commensurate with the requirements of the post.
- To undertake any further duties which may from time to time be required of the post holder and are commensurate with the responsibilities of the role.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will work towards the Apprenticeship Standard in Leisure Team Member Level 2. All training will be done in the workplace.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression and permanent employment will be subject to successful completion of apprenticeship. If apprentice is showing clear signs of employability this may be sooner.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade A*/9 – C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Learner Engagement Team
Leisure team member
Level 2 (GCSE)