Main responsibility is to learn how to perform each element of the job to a fully competent level. Undertakes similar activities to those carrying out the qualified role but with closer supervision, less autonomy and lower levels of accountability. There is less requirement to plan own work as the supervisor will allocate tasks.
Closing date: 02 Sep 2022
National Minimum Apprenticeship wage at £4.81. May increase in second year depending on age
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
03 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties and responsibilities will include:
· Supporting teaching and learning within the school through working with individuals and groups as directed by the teacher in charge
· Monitoring individual pupil’s progress, achievements, problems, conditions and development needs reporting to the responsible teacher as appropriate
· Assisting the teacher with the planning of learning activities in the classroom
· Forming positive and effective relationships with pupils, staff, parents, governors and members of the wider community so the ethos of the school is reflected in the way we work together
· Preparing and maintain equipment and teaching resources for lessons and activities and the display and presentation of pupil’s work
· Using appropriate skills to help all pupils to make progress and feel happy safe in school
· Being an active part of our team, prepared to go the extra mile for the benefit of our school community
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Advance standard Teaching Assistant Level 3
- Fortnightly workshops beginning in September / October 2022, delivered in classroom or online
- 1:1 support by an Assessor in the workplace
- Line manager and mentor provided by the employer
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This post is temporary for a period of up to 24 months to enable completion of level 2 or 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Apprenticeship training*.
It is expected that the postholder would not normally take longer than 18 - 24 months to complete this level.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A* to C / 4 - 9 or Level 2) Desired
About the employer
NORFOLK COUNTY COUNCIL
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.