Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Apprentice PETIT FORESTIER UK LIMITED
To receive practical training and instruction whilst assisting workshop staff in the day-to-day running of the workshop. To work towards the provision of a well-maintained internal vehicle fleet, working both under supervision and on your own initiative on a range of commercial vehicles and refrigeration units.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
08 Sep 2022
7 days ago
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include:
· To correctly interpret instructions from mechanics/technicians and report to workshop manager
· To attend training and to keep abreast of the latest technical information which may be circulated or displayed
· To accurately report and record work done via the completion of job sheets and the quantification of time
· To protect and maintain all tools and equipment by only using them in the prescribed manner and returning to their place of storage immediately after use
· To immediately report any loss, shortage, damage or malfunction of tools and equipment
· To protect and take care of customers and the company’s property
· To maintain allocate work areas in a clean and tidy condition
· To work within and implement the policy of ‘preventative maintenance’
· To provide information, maintain records and carryout all duties in an accurate, efficient and timely manner
· To undertake such other tasks as may reasonably be required
· To enhance the image and reputation of the company whilst supporting its commercial interests
· To ensure all health and safety, statutory requirements, company policies and standard procedures are adhered to
· Any other duties commensurate with the smooth running and operation of Petit Forestier
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprentices will attend City of Bristol College four times a year for two week periods to work towards their VRQ Level 3 in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair. An advisor will visit at least every six weeks as part of a close support network to ensure that Apprentices are both enjoying and succeeding in their course. An Apprentice’s training includes:
· Level 3 in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
· Technical Certificate – IMI Diploma Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
· Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Great career prospects within the organisation for individuals to progress to full time permanent staff, and develop your career further.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
CITY OF BRISTOL COLLEGE
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.