Come and join this great team in our central production kitchen, You will be helping us drive excellence in food standards, ensuring that only the highest quality food is served to our customers. This is a fast paced kitchen environment with some heavy lifting and packing duties as well as food preparation and cooking.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022
An incremental increase will be considered after a 6 month review
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
01 Oct 2022
7 days ago
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
A Commis Chef assists a section chef, also known as a Chef de Partie. The role is made up of many varying responsibilities including:
- Assisting in the food preparation process
- Cooking and preparing elements of high quality dishes
- Preparing vegetables, meats and fish
- Assisting other Chefs
- Helping with deliveries and restocking
- Assisting with stock rotation
- Cleaning stations
- Contributing to maintaining kitchen and food safety standards.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will receive a Commis Chef Level 2 Qualification upon completion
- Training will be one day a week at Strode College
- Strode College will be managing all applications
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This could lead to a full time role with potential of following on to the Production Chef apprenticeship route.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.