This is a fantastic opportunity to join a very successful and ever-growing automotive company. We are looking for a candidate we can train up from scratch and develop into a fully qualified mechanic.
Closing date: 14 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
02 Aug 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
To assist with carrying out routine maintenance and repair work on vehicles within workshops including cars and vans.
Potential tasks to include:
- Vehicle inspections
- Changing filters, plugs & engine oil
- Removal and inspection of all suspension bushes, joints, discs, pads, coil springs, brake pipes, hoses and exhaust systems
- Checking and replacing tyres and fluids
- Keeping the workshop clean and tidy
- Customer service
- Vehicle Modifications and enhancements
- Vehicle parts look up
To support and gain experience in all aspects of a motor vehicle. To shadow all the technicians and help maintain a clean and tidy work environment.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- 24 months practical training period, plus 3 months for End Point Assessment
- Work-based training with your employer
- Day release during term time (approximately 1 day a week for 2 years)
- Approximately 12 on-site assessment visits per year
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and English (7 days at college for each, if required)
- Off the job training will count for at least 20% of an apprentice’s time at work
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles
- Level 2 Autocare technician standard
End Point Assessment:
- Knowledge assessment
- Practical observation
- Professional discussion
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
For the right candidate, after successful completion of the apprenticeship a permanent position within the department may be offered.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
ABINGDON AND WITNEY COLLEGE
Level 2 (GCSE)