Superior Freight Services are now recruiting for an International Freight Forwarding Apprentice to join their busy Middlesex branch. The successful candidate will learn all aspects of Freight Forwarding working towards a recognised level 3 qualification.
Closing date: 11 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
17 Oct 2022
01 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your duties will be varied but include the following:
- Developing core relationships with clients always ensuring a high level of customer service.
- Keeping up-to-date records of all shipments / consignments.
- Managing all aspects of Sea, Air and Road import and export shipments.
- Processing detailed import / export customs clearance processes.
- Keeping clients updated on consignment movements.
- Liaising with customers, carriers, HMRC regarding required documentation.
- Booking shipments with airlines, shipping lines and road transport companies.
- Gain a thorough understanding of HMRC regulations.
- Inform management of any client / shipment issues.
- Learning how to invoice and set costs.
- Spend time in other departments with colleagues to ensure a full overall understanding of the business operations.
- General office administration support as required.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
International Freight Forwarding Level 3 qualification.
On the job training delivered by the employer.
Allocation of an apprenticeship delivery coach who will carry out:
- Regular training
- Assessment and support visits to ensure you acquire new learning, knowledge skills and behaviours in order to progress and develop.
- Identify, track and support 20% off the job training activities
- Quarterly formal progress review meetings; identifying learning achievements and next steps.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We are looking to develop the right person into a valuable permanent member of the Superior Freight Team.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SEETEC BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY CENTRE LIMITED
Seetec Outsource Training and Skills
International freight forwarding specialist
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.