Apprentice Print Finisher SINATRA MARKETING GROUP LIMITED
Excellent opportunity to work for an established Print company based in Rayleigh, with 75 years’ combined management experience in Print and Direct Mail. This is a great opportunity for an apprentice to develop a broad understanding of print finishing in our production department
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Annual review of salary. Overtime available once trained.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
29 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Print Finishing Technicians use precision cutting, folding, saddle stitching and packing equipment to complete the final product for the client.
Duties will include:
- Inspect printed materials and other images to verify quality
- Study blueprints or other instructions to determine equipment setup requirements
- Adjust bindery machines, such as knives, guides or clamps, to accommodate sheets, signatures, or books of specified sizes
- Trim edges of printed sheets to size, using cutting machines, book trimming machines, or hand cutters
- Monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions or to determine whether adjustments are needed
- Maintain records, such as daily production records
- Clean and make minor repairs to machine parts to keep machines in working condition
- Set up or operate machines that perform binding operations, such as pressing, folding or trimming
- Operate equipment to print images or bind printed images together
- Prepare finished products for shipping
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the qualification obtained will be a L3 Print Technician Apprenticeship Standard (post-press pathway).
The apprentice will be given sufficient time to undertake their "Off-the-Job" requirement of the apprenticeship.
Throughout your time as an apprentice, you will be supported by both Sinatra and the BPIF. You will be assigned a training coordinator to ensure that you have the best training available. Training requirements will be discussed at the point of employment to suit your individual needs and business needs. Most training and studying will be site based.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, a permanent role will be available as a fully qualified Print Finisher.
Company progression available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
BPIF TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.