Metal Fabricator / Welder Apprentice PRECISION FABRICATIONS ANDOVER LTD
An exciting opportunity has become available for an Apprentice Fabricator at Precision Fabrication Andover. We are paying above minimum apprenticeship wage as we are looking for individuals who are hard working, keen to learns and more importantly looking for a long term career in the fabrication industry.
Closing date: 14 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
14 Sep 2022
7 days ago
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Precision Fabrications Andover are looking to develop skilled sheet metal workers to become part of our team here in Andover.
We are a manufacturer of Metal and CW/Windows and Doors based in Andover and we are currently expanding and looking to open our doors to an apprenticeship scheme.
See below a brief description of our capabilities:
- PFA offer a comprehensive Pressed Metal capability, including the Laser cutting, punching and folding of aluminium, steel and stainless steel, we have experienced MiG & TiG welders, we are able to fabricate and insulate panels, plus can arrange for their Painting and Anodising.
- We offer our own Helping Hand Bracket with pre-affixed Isolator pad, these are offered in two heights (80mm & 160mm) with a protruding arm length ranging from 60 to 380mm in 10mm increments. We also stock L&T rails to suit.
- To continue to meet the demands of our customers we have just invested in a 4Kw Amada Ventis laser and 220T Amada HFE 3I Press brake due to be installed in September 2022.
- The company has attained it ISO9001 Certificate in September 2021 and will achieve CE marking by end of March 2022.
By the end of your apprenticeship you will be proficient in:
- Operating a Amada 4Kw Laser
- Operating a Euromac Punch Press
- Operating a Amada/Ermaksen Press Brake
- Training on MIG and TIG welders
- Working from Technical Drawings
- Sheet Metal Pattern Development
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will commence this program with a two-week block attendance at Sparsholt College, to equip the apprentices with basic engineering skills for the workplace. The apprentices will then attend on a day release basis for the remainder of the apprenticeship (42 months)
and commence the apprenticeship in August 2022
You will achieve:
L3 Advanced Metal Fabrication Standard
Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Our hope is for you to develop into a fully trained Metal Fabricator/Welder
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C(4)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade B (5) or above) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade B(5) or above) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade C (4) or above) Desired
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)