IT Technician Apprentice (Maltby Learning Trust) Maltby Learning Trust
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice ICT Technician with Maltby Learning Trust, a Multi Academy Trust based in Rotherham.
Closing date: 22 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
29 Aug 2022
29 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Monitoring service desk calls and responding to tasks as required, escalating jobs where appropriate and contacting external suppliers for support if necessary.
- Helping to implement a programme of regular maintenance of all computer networks and equipment.
- Checking deliveries, and transporting equipment around the Trust as required.
- Installing and maintaining computer software/operating systems.
- Maintaining supplies of printing consumables as required.
- Contributing to the evaluation and procurement of hardware and software.
- Locating faults in, and making repairs to equipment, including keyboards, printers, connecting cables and computers.
- Undertaking directory administration, including the creation and maintenance of user accounts and security/distribution groups.
- Assisting in the administration of DNS, DHCP records and other network related tasks.
- Assisting in the administration of Office 365.
- Assisting in the maintenance and development of Academies websites, learning platforms, and digital signage solutions.
- Helping to ensure that all changes relating to systems, including for example
- web filtering/firewall, conform to Trust policy.
- Helping maintain documentation required at each site, including hardware inventories, subscription lists and network diagrams.
- Disposing of end of life equipment, safely and securely in line with Trust policy.
- Participating in specialist training and other learning activities and performance development as appropriate.
- Attending and participating in relevant meetings as required.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communication Technician with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes and Customer Services
- Networking and Architecture
- Mobile and Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding and Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
About the employer
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.