This is an opportunity to work in a small, friendly team who have over 35 years experience in educational technology. You will be mainly based at Ashmount School in Loughborough. Ashmount is a special school for pupils between the ages of 4 and 19 and you will be part of the school’s admin/IT team as well as our company team.
Closing date: 15 Aug 2022
Wage will be £8662.50 - £9450.00 depending on experience. You will be contracted to 39 weeks per year + 6 weeks holiday pay
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
29 Aug 2022
29 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Work will involve:
- Maintaining and Updating Servers, Workstations, Mobile Devices, Display Technologies and Printing Services
- Installation of new hardware and software
- Maintenance of the network infrastructure
- Management of web based services
- Diagnosing and Resolving Technical issues with the school’s ICT systems
- Liaising with ICT companies providing services to the school as required
- Other technical or company support as directed by the company directors
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Information & Communications Technician.
End-Point Assessment (EPA):
- End-point assessment (EPA) is the final stage that an apprentice goes through to complete their Apprenticeship
- The Apprentice must show their learning to an independent end-point assessor and the grades available are distinction, pass or fail
- The EPA will include: Project with Questionnaire & Portfolio Interview
- Our delivery model includes a 1 day per week college attendance for training and development of skills, knowledge and behaviours and 1:1 support from your trainer assessor in the workplace and will include assignments, work-based company projects and self-study
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After the Level 3 qualification you could move to a Technician role. This could then lead to Senior Technician or Network Manager. You could also look at furthering your education with a Foundation degree or higher.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent ICT/Computer Science or equivalent (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)