Assistant Accountant Apprentice CHERYL BOSTOCK AND CO ACCOUNTANTS LTD
We are looking for an Assistant Accountant Apprentice to join our busy accountancy practice based in Wirral. The ideal candidate will be looking to pursue a career in accountancy. No experience is required although good IT skills would be advantageous.
Closing date: 04 Sep 2022
£9,379.50 to £18,525.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
29 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Analysis of client bank accounts
- Analysis of client purchase and sales ledgers
- Assisting with preparation and filing VAT returns
- Bookkeeping duties
- Assisting clients with queries
- Assisting with annual accounts preparation
- Assisting with management accounts preparation
- Preparing basic cashflow forecasts and budgets
- Applying computer skills, sage, excel etc
- Providing post and filing support as required
- Providing reception cover as required
- Any other duties as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Accounts & Finance Assistant apprenticeship standard, including:
- AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting
- Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills English
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills Maths
- End-Point Assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The successful candidate would be able to progress onto higher level accountancy apprenticeships upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
WIRRAL METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)