Business Administration Reception Apprentice The Community Practice
We are seeking a friendly receptionist & administrator to join our Team. Duties will include all aspects of reception work along with the ‘day to day’ administration tasks that come with working in a busy GP surgery.
Closing date: 02 Sep 2022
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
01 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
To be responsible for undertaking a wide range of reception and administrative duties, such as:
- Answering telephones promptly and directing calls where necessary. Record messages for staff, including doctors and nurses
- To run the appointment system effectively
- Register new patients and create new files for them
- Maintain existing patient files up to date both on computer and manually, including matching letters to patient records
- Using the in house system QOF – (booking assessments for patients with long term conditions)
- Processing referrals
- Processing prescriptions
- Participating in audits- assess, evaluate and improve care of patients in a systematic way
- Chaperoning patients when needed
- Sorting incoming post and scanning letters
- Sending and answering emails
- Filing paperwork
- Dealing with complaints, following the surgery's complaints procedure
- Actioning recalls
- Printing and ordering blood tests
- Dealing with deductions
- Ensuring patient waiting areas are tidy
- Keeping notices and signs tidy and up to date
- Online training
- Attend time to learn 1st Tuesday of every month
- Any other reasonable duties as necessary
The above list of duties is not exhaustive and may be subject to change as deemed necessary.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Full on-the-job and off-the-Job training will be delivered supported by our Training Provider – Davidson Training UK Ltd
- All training will be carried out within the workplace during working hours
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics (if you already do not hold the equivalent)
- Full training will be given leading to a recognised Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full-time position being offered to the right candidate, upon successfully completing the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4-9 or A-C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
DAVIDSON TRAINING UK LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.